Job Title: Project Administrator
Contract Type: Fixed term 13-month contract
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference: Trust O&F 001
Application Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Southern Africa Trust invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the position of a Project Administrator to provide logistics and administrative support to the Mandela Washington Fellowship (MWF) hosted by the Southern Africa Trust.
About the Southern Africa Trust
The Southern Africa Trust was established in 2005 to support civil society organisations in southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have a better impact in the development of public policies.
The Trust supports processes that deepen and widen participation in policy dialogues with a regional impact on poverty. It:
- Is an independent, regional, non-profit agency registered in South Africa;
- Supports organisations and processes with regional impact;
- Supports deeper and wider engagement in policy dialogues;
- Supports public policy development to overcome poverty;
- Supports voices of the poor to be heard in policy dialogue.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide administrative support, procurement and logistics services to the Mandela Washington Fellowship (MWF) programme hosted at the Southern Africa Trust.
About the Mandela Washington Fellowship
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is the flagship program of the U.S. government’s Young African Leaders Initiative. It aims to build the skills of young African leaders to improve the accountability and transparency of government, start their own businesses, and serve their communities. The Fellowship provides leaders from 49 countries in sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to develop their skills through 6 weeks of intensive executive leadership training at a U.S. university.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative support including procurement and logistics services
- Building and managing databases
- Data capturing
- Event management
- Financial and budget management support
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) and report writing capability
- Project and stakeholder relationship management
- Understanding of the strategic delivery requirements of the Trust
- Commitment to excellence and deadline driven
- Systematic and meticulous in approach and methodology with superb attention to detail
- Ability to handle complex issues and effectively process information
- Able to work in dynamic and sometimes uncertain environment
- Good interfacing and collaborating with internal, external and Board partners
- Ability to implement systems and reporting imperatives
- Proficient in use of information technology in research, business development and process flow management
- Accountable and ethical
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant National Diploma in Administration with 2-3 years relevant experience.
How to Apply
All applications, to include a cover letter and a CV, must be addressed to the Southern Africa Trust and sent directly to email@example.com stating the reference and job title in the subject line.
- The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
- The Trust reserves the right not to make this appointment.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.