Vacancy: Finance Manager
The Southern Africa Trust seeks applications for a Finance Manager:
About The Trust
The Southern Africa Trust is an independent regional non-profit agency, established in 2005, to support organisations in Southern Africa to participate more effectively in policy dialogue so that policies and strategies across the region work better to end poverty.
The position, which report to the Executive Manager– Finance and Operations, has major responsibility for providing financial management and accounting subject matter expertise and consulting practice leadership to the Trust.
The position is also charged with collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to identify growth opportunities that leverage on the Trust’s sustainability tactics.
Key Performance Areas And Responsibilities
- Strategy Implementation
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Financial Management Reporting
- Financial Technical Support
- Payroll and Supply Chain Management Services
- People Management
Technical Competencies Required
- Understanding of financial systems
- Ability to lead change and provide strategic input
- Analytical ability and decisiveness
- Understanding of corporate governance principles
- Financial management Principles
- Quality management
- Policy implementation and compliance
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Understanding of business development and sustainability principles
- Understanding of poverty and inequality challenges and human rights development
- Knowledge of all applicable national legislation and policies
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- B.Com degree in Finance/Accounting
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience in a similar position, of which at least 5 years must have been at a management level.
- NGO experience and international donor reporting of at least 5 years.
- Full competency in Accpac
- A passion for development and an understanding of poverty and inequality challenges and human rights development will be an advantage
- Applicants must, at the time of application have fluency in English (both oral and written proficiency)
- Knowledge of French and Portuguese will be an added advantage
This is a contract position to end March 2021.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to email@example.com.
Please include “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: Friday, 28 September 2018