If you are a driven, future-thinking, and entrepreneurial individual that strives on innovation with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment you might be the right person to help us contribute to this challenge.
Africans deserve an economy that allows each person to lead a dignified and meaningful life. We believe inclusive economies are critical for reducing poverty and inequality and unlocking the potential of regional integration to generate jobs, drive innovation, protect the environment and generate economic opportunities for all.
As part of our sustainability journey we will capitalise on our skills and capabilities to start a for-profit arm of the Trust The vision of the Southern Africa Trust Investment Holdings is to become a partner-of-choice and offer the Corporate Sector, Governments, Development Agencies and Philanthropy’s the most appropriate strategies to alleviate poverty, inequality, and unemployment in the SADC region. To achieve this we are looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic and energetic Business Development and Sustainability Manager to do just that. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position is a blend of analytical- and strategic thinking and management skills to coordinate the delivery of this agenda.
The Southern Africa Trust is an independent regional not-for-profit organisation with a dedicated and diverse team that supports organisations in Southern Africa to participate more effectively in policy dialogue so that policies and strategies across the region work better to end poverty
The main purpose of this position is to develop and manage the new business entity in so far as developing new business relationships leading to the generation of new income streams for the Trust. This will involve identifying new markets and business opportunities to improve market position and achieve financial growth. To achieve this, the ideal candidate will need to develop systems and processes aimed at increasing sustainability performance of the Trust, including ensuring compliance with legal and environmental instruments as well as have the responsibility of pulling together all elements of the Trust’s sustainability portfolio.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing strategy
- Driving business development & sustainability
- Supporting revenue creation through management and coordination of:
- Policy and Advisory services
- Inclusive Business strategies
- CSO Mapping and Rating
- Fund Management
- Office Rentals
- Marketing, communications and stakeholder relations
- Management of the Trust’s investment activities in line with the Trust’s investment policy.
- Sector research and analysis of markets
- Preparing and submitting reports to executive management of the Trust.
Competencies You Must Bring
- An Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong Strategic leadership and business management skills
- Ability to lead change and provide strategic input
- Demonstrable ability to meet objectives within challenging timelines.
- Analytical ability and Decisiveness
- Understanding of the investment sector.
- A passion for development and an understanding of poverty and inequality
- Understanding of Corporate governance principles
- Project management and stakeholder engagement
- A sound understanding of global poverty challenges, human rights development and media.
- Sound knowledge of all applicable legislation
- Demonstrated experience of working in and coordinating diverse teams
- Strong negotiation skills with diverse stakeholders including private and public sector.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to an ever-shifting business environment and coming up with new and innovative ideas.
Qualifications and Knowledge You Must Bring
- Com degree plus an MBA or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years of corporate / relevant experience, of which at least 3 to 4 years must have been in the business development area.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written proficiency)
- Knowledge of French and Portuguese will be an added advantage
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining your interest in the work of the Trust to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Business Development & Sustainability Manager” in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
Opportunity Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Location: Johannesburg, South AfricaRead More