Are you or anyone that you know motivated and passionate about making poverty and inequality history in southern Africa?
We are looking for exceptional individuals to contribute to our exciting agenda at a time of unprecedented challenge and opportunity for the region and the sector. The individuals we are looking for must demonstrate a track record of achievement in their field of expertise with the confidence and capability to challenge and inject vibrancy and strategic oversight at board level. You will be expected to fully subscribe to the Southern Africa Trust values and principles and be prepared to be part of a team that will drive the Trust sustainability. We are an organisation that promotes inclusivity and particularly encouraging young people and women to be part of the Board.
About the Southern Africa Trust
We are an independent, regional, non-profit agency with a mandate to contribute to the eradication of poverty and inequality in the SADC region. In delivering our mandate, we work to strengthen the voices of marginalised, vulnerable and poor people in public policy processes in ways that promote regional linkages and a regional integration agenda. Visit our website www.southernafricatrust.org for more information about us.
Profile and Role of Board Members
Non-executive Trustees of the Southern Africa Trust play a key role on our board to further our vision and mission. Nominations are sought from across business, government, academia and civil society sectors in the SADC region. Board members are expected to attend statutory meetings but also to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, such as advising the management team and acting in an ambassadorial role.
Required Experience and Background
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and competencies:
1) Postgraduate qualification in any of the following disciplines:
- Business Information Systems
- Creative Technologies
- Media and Communications
2) Candidates should have experience working with funding organisations and demonstrated networks in the funding landscape (resource mobilisation experience)
3) Candidates should have experience with good corporate governance; social impact investment; digital technologies; creative technology; financial literacy; civil society and development sector; strategic thinking and decision making.
4) Candidates with political muscle/stature, established leaders with experience in international organisations, well recognized in the private sector, strong extensive regional networks and that are influential in these spaces”.
5) Candidates are expected to be fluent in English with knowledge of Portuguese and/or French.
Download the nomination form and submit this completed together with a CV, along with names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com, with “Board Member Nomination” in the email subject line.
While we greatly appreciate every submission, we will unfortunately only be able to respond to those we shortlist for further discussion. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview with the existing Trustees of the Board.
The Southern Africa Trust reserves the right not to make any appointment.
NOMINATIONS CLOSING DATE: 8 FEBRUARY 2021